The large North American bitcoin mining company Hut 8 Mining has been admitted to listing on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol HUT. The company is also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
- Hut 8 Mining Corp. announced Thursday that its common stock has been admitted to listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (Nasdaq) under the ticker symbol HUT. The Nasdaq website states that the global selected market “has the highest standards for initial listing of any stock exchange in the world.”
- Hut 8 Mining describes itself as “one of the oldest and largest innovation-oriented Bitcoin miners in North America”. It is incorporated under and is subject to the Business Corporations Act of British Columbia. Most of the company’s directors and officers are primarily Canada based.
- The company is also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol HUT. It was the first publicly traded Bitcoin miner on the TSX exchange. Hut 8 says its TSX listing will remain unchanged.
- The Hut 8 mining shares are already listed on the OTCQX market under the symbol HUTMF. Hut 8 Mining ranks 11th (out of 10,000) in the 2021 OTCQX Best 50.
- The company announced plans to list on Nasdaq on May 12, after filing Form F-10 with the SEC on March 10.
- Hut 8 Mining is also a founding member of the Bitcoin Mining Council, which is “a voluntary and open forum of Bitcoin miners who are committed to the network and its basic principles”. “We promote transparency, share best practices and inform the public about the benefits of Bitcoin and Bitcoin mining.” The council was formed after a meeting between Tesla CEO Elon Musk and a number of large North American bitcoin miners. The meeting was hosted by Microstrategy CEO Michael Saylor.
What do you think of Hut 8 Mining’s listing on the Nasdaq? Let us know in the comment section below.
Tags in this story
Crypto Mining, Cryptocurrency Mining, Shack 8 Bitcoin Mining, Shack 8 Direct Listing, Shack 8 ipo, Shack 8 Mining, Shack 8 Mining Nasdaq, Shack 8 Mining Toronto Stock Exchange, Shack 8 Mining TSX, Shack 8 Nasdaq Listing, Stock Exchange
Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer of liability: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or approval of any product, service, or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author are directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.